Malwarebytes Version 3.0, announced as a public beta one month ago, has officially been released.
Malwarebytes Premium subscribers will be pleased to learn that in addition to the anti-malware product, Version 3.0 of Malwarebytes also includes Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware. With that combination, new subscription purchases for Malwarebytes Premium will be $39.99 per computer per year, a savings of $9.91 and about 33% less than the average traditional antivirus license.
Due to the layered defense built into Malwarebytes 3.0, Malwarebytes (MBAM) Premium subscribers have the option of keeping their traditional anti-virus software program or they can uninstall it and just run MBAM. MBAM 3.0 is compatible with all major antivirus software, including Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware users with a perpetual subscription are grandfathered and users of the free versions need not worry, all three programs remain available as free stand-alone versions.
A Few of the Changes and Improvements:
- Although the new version retains the protective capabilities of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.2.x along with the efficacy of the web modules, Version 3.0 is a complete rewrite and re-architecting of the earlier Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.2.x.
- You'll notice a major improvement in scan time. A threat scan on my Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607 with MBAM v2.x took 32 minutes, 45 seconds to scan 358,337 objects. On Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 14971, it only took 21 minutes, 22 seconds to scan 434,652 objects. That was ten minutes less for almost 100,000 more objects with MBAM v3.0!
- Updates should be applied automatically according to the setting located on the Settings > Protection tab and should only alert you if there is an issue.
- The Scan Schedule can be a changed or additional scans scheduled from Scan Schedule.
- The Reports section includes all Scan Reports and any Real-time Detection / Block events. IP blocks will be in the Reports area entitled ‘Website Blocked’ report Malware files blocked will be in the Reports area entitled 'Malware Blocked'. The Protection Logs, which merely provided a list of the application and event actions for the day have been removed. Thus, only Scan and Block reports are included in the Reports section.
System Requirements: Malwarebytes Version 3.0 is supported on all versions from Windows XP to the latest Windows 10. Note, however, that the Anti-Ransomware technology is only enabled on Windows 7 or higher.
Malwarebytes 3.0 can be installed over the top of your exist Malwarebytes programs. If you do not want to wait for the upgrade to be offered, you can download and run the installer from https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (direct download link here) Malwarebytes 3.0 will automatically remove the old Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware and upgrade them all to Malwarebytes 3.0.